8th ANNUAL WILD WOMEN OF THE BLUES!
- INTERNATIONAL BLUES CHALLENGE 2015
- WI AREA BLUES FESTIVAL GUIDE 2015
- 13TH ANNUAL BLUES PICNIC COMING THIS SUMMER
- BLUES DOCTOR'S BEST BLUES RECORDINGS OF 2014
The 31th Annual International Blues Challenge (IBC) is over and the winners are announced! The events took place during the second to last week in January in downtown Memphis. Quarter and Semi-Finals were held at more than 20 clubs up and down Beale Street with the Finals at the beautiful Orpheum Theater.
AND HERE ARE THE WINNERS!
- BAND COMPETITION
- First Place: Eddie Cotton from the Vicksburg Blues Society
- Second Place: Noah Wotherspoon from the Dayton Blues Society
- Third Place: Nico Wayne Toussaint from the Southern California Blues Society
- BEST INSTRUMENTALIST
- Gibson Guitar Best Guitarist: Noah Wotherspoon from the Dayton Blues Society
- Lee Oskar Harp Award: Nico Wayne Toussaint from the Southern California Blues Society
- SOLO/DUO COMPETITION
- First Place: Randy McQuay from the Cape Fear Blues Society
- Second Place: Brian Keith Wallen from the Dayton Blues Society
The Madison Blues Society will hold its 13th Annual Blues Picnic
Saturday, June 20, 2015 from noon to 9:00PM
at Madison's northside Warner Park.
PLEASE NOTE: BAND SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!